★ Pass on Your First TRY ★ 100% Money Back Guarantee ★ Realistic Practice Exam Questions
1z0-485 Product Description:
Exam Number/Code: 1z0-485 vce
Exam name: Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 Implementation Essentials
n questions with full explanations
Certification: Oracle Certification
Last updated on Global synchronizing
Cause all that matters here is passing the Oracle 1z0-485 exam. Cause all that you need is a high score of 1z0-485 Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 Implementation Essentials exam. The only one thing you need to do is downloading Testking 1z0-485 exam study guides now. We will not let you down with our money-back guarantee.
Check 1z0-485 free dumps before getting the full version:
NEW QUESTION 1
In looking to improve query performance for your Data Warehouse, select the best way that Exadata's Flash Cache feature can be leveraged?
- A. Enable Smart Flash Log.
- B. Execute alter table … cell_flash_cache=keep on heavily scanned tables.
- C. Enable Write Back Flash Cache.
- D. Create an ASM diskgroup on Flash Cache and move the indexes from disk to Flash.
In earlier releases, database administrators had to mark an object as KEEP to have it cached in flash cache for large scan workloads. This feature primarily benefits table scan intensive workloads such as Data Warehouses and Data Marts. Random I/Os such as those performed for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP)
continue to be cached in the flash cache the same way as in earlier releases.
Note: With the Exadata Storage Server Software 188.8.131.52.0 and above, the Exadata Smart Flash Cache
software automatically caches objects read, in large table scans, in the flash cache based on how
frequently the objects are read. Previously, the default behavior was to bypass the flash cache for
such large sequential scans.
NEW QUESTION 2
High-disk IOPS (I/Os per second) rates are leading to longer execution times. Which three approaches would you use to improve this scenario?
- A. Enable Write-Back Flash Cache due to heavy DBWR usage.
- B. Enable Write-Back Flash Cache due to heavy LGWR usage.
- C. Swap hard disks to High Capacity disks.
- D. Tune the application to reduce I/O requests.
- E. Leverage IORM to give priority to critical workloads.
B (not A): Smart Flash Logging is a recent Exadata enhancement that provides physical disk redo write relief in times of high LGWR activity; alone, probably not a driver for Exadata.
NEW QUESTION 3
Which two statements appropriately describe the backup and recovery procedures on Exadata?
- A. Cell software backup is automatic and cell recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
- B. Data stored in a database is backed up and restored by using CellCLI commands.
- C. Database server software backup is automatic and recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
- D. Data stored in a database is backed up and restored by using RMAN commands.
- E. Cell software backup is performed through CellCLI and cell recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
A: Your Exadata Storage Servers do not need to be backed up; Exadata automatically backs these up using a self-maintained internal USB drive.
D: Backup your Oracle databases using Oracle RMAN
NEW QUESTION 4
How would you execute CellCLI commands and scripts?
- A. using SQL*Plus on database nodes
- B. by CellCLI commands executed on the database nodes
- C. using third party tools after installing the CellCLI RPM plug-in
- D. directly executing the commands and scripts on the Exadata storage cell
- E. remotely by connecting to Port 1521 using SSL
The storage cells in Exadata Database Machine are managed via two tools called CellCLI and DCLI.
NEW QUESTION 5
Your customer has purchased their brand new Exadata Database Machine X3-2 Full rack to achieve 20-TB-per-hour backups on their 300 TB database. You have been called to determine why they are not able to achieve even half that rate. Use the information in the image below to identify two reasons their backups are still slow.
- A. The Media Server to Tape Library transfer is causing a bottleneck.
- B. The number of tape drives is causing a bottleneck.
- C. Exadata backups are being performed using RMAN over the 10 Gigabit Ethernet network.
- D. The number of database servers is causing a bottleneck.
The following bottlenecks will be reached first if using InfiniBand fabric to media server:
1. Media server to tape library SAN transfer rate
2. Number of tape drives
NEW QUESTION 6
Which two statements are true about Exadata memory capabilities?
- A. X3-8 can be purchased in a Half Rack configuration with 2 TB of memory.
- B. X3-2 memory can be expanded to 512 GB per node from 256 GB.
- C. X3-2 memory can be upgraded to use Flash in the compute nodes.
- D. X3-8 memory is fixed at 4 TB per a Rack.
- E. X3-2 can be purchased in a Half Rack configuration with 256 GB per node.
D: ORACLE EXADATA DATABASE MACHINE X3-8 features include: 160 CPU cores and 4 TB of memory for database processing
E: Database servers X3-2
A third generation was announced in 2012. Each Database Server with 2 x Eight-Core Intel Xeon E5-2690 Processors (2.9 GHz)
128 GB Memory (expandable to 256GB)
NEW QUESTION 7
Which two migration will result in the least down time for a physical or logical migration of a database with active users during the migration?
- A. using GoldenGate
- B. using SQL Developer migration tools
- C. using Data Guard Physical Standby
- D. using cross-platform transportable tablespaces
- E. using incremental cross-platform RMAN restore
A: Zero Downtime Migration to Oracle Exadata using Oracle GoldenGate
– Reduce downtime for any method
– Zero data loss fallback
– Phased migration
E: Cross Platform Incremental Backups
– Reduce downtime for Transportable Tablespaces
NEW QUESTION 8
Exadata Database Machine offers an Intelligent Platform Management Interface for the various components in the Exadata product. Which option is true?
- A. IPMI can be used to remotely start and stop servers.
- B. IPMI can be used to remotely log in to the operating system.
- C. IPMI commands can be executed by using SNMP traps.
- D. IPMI settings can be secured by backing up the Oracle Linux installation on the storage system.
IPMI – short for Intelligent Platform Management Interface - is an interface standard that allows remote management of a server from another using standardized interface. The servers in the Exadata Database Machine follow that. It’s not an Exadata command but rather a general Linux one.
To power on a cell or database server, issue this from another server:
# ipmitool -H prolcel01-ilom -U root chassis power on
To stop a server, use the shutdown command. To stop immediately and keep it down, i.e. not reboot, execute:# shutdown -h -y now
NEW QUESTION 9
Which two DML operations will add rows compressed by Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) to a table that is created to use HCC?
- A. INSERT
- B. insert with an append hint
- C. UPDATE
- D. CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
To maximize storage savings with Hybrid Columnar Compression, data must be loaded using data warehouse bulk loading techniques. Examples of bulk load operations commonly used in data warehouse environments are:
* Insert statements with the APPEND hint
* Parallel DML
* Direct Path SQL*LDR
* Create Table as Select (CTAS)
Not A, Not C: DML operations (INSERT/UPDATE) against a Hybrid Columnar Compressed table/partition can reduce the overall compression savings over time since data INSERTED/UPDATED via DML operations will not be compressed to the same ratio as data that is bulk loaded.
NEW QUESTION 10
Which three statements accurately describe update of software on Exadata Database Machine?
- A. The Oracle Database patchset software (for example, 184.108.40.206) requires the Exadata- specific version.
- B. Rolling patching is faster than non-rolling patching, but database down time is longer.
- C. The Oracle Database software on Exadata is updated using standard OPatch and the Oracle Universal Installer.
- D. Running Exadata with different storage server software versions is supported, but should be minimized to rolling patching scenarios.
- E. The database server operating system software (other than kernel and OFED) may be installed or updated from non-Exadata sources
- F. Storage server updates require access to an Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN) based repository.
* Oracle offers two utilities for software deployment: Oracle Universal Installer to install Oracle products OPatch to apply interim patches
F: When storage cells are patched, there is almost always a set of storage server patches that need to be applied to the Exadata Compute Nodes as well. Historically, these were called “minimal packs,” but recent improvements to the compute node patching process deliver these updates using yum channels on Oracle’s Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN).
Not B: Rolling patching has no downtime.
NEW QUESTION 11
When using IORM, which statement accurately describes when redo log file writes take place?
- A. Based on the priority of the user
- B. Immediately
- C. Based on the resource group of the user
- D. Based on the intradatabase resource plan
Whenever a transaction is committed, the corresponding redo entries temporarily stored in redo log buffers of the system global area are written to an online redo log file.
Note: I/O Resource Manager =IORM http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A58617_01/server.804/a58397/ch5.htm
NEW QUESTION 12
Consider the following setup:
User A1 belongs to resource group High on Database A. User B2 belongs to resource group Low on Database B. User C3 is a user on Database C without any DBRM setup.
Database A: Resource group High gets 80% and Low gets 20%. Database B: Resource group High gets 60% and Low gets 40%.
Database A: Share=20, limit=5 Database B: Share=30, limit=10 Database C: 5 shares
Total number of shares in the IORM setup = 100
What percent of I/O will each database user theoretically be using when the Exadata storage unit I/O throughout is used 100% and no other databases but A, B, and C are running?
- A. Al = 36%, B2=18%, and C3=9%
- B. Al = 33%, B2=33%, and C3=33%
- C. AI = 10%, B2=5%, and C3=20%
- D. Al = 8%, B2=12%, and C3=5%
- E. Al = 5%, B2=10%, and C3=85%
IORM setup limits Database A to 5%, and Database B is limited to 10%, while Database C has not IORM limit.
Not that the resource groups are for CPU allocation.
NEW QUESTION 13
Which two statements are true about troubleshooting failed patching activities?
- A. Dependency issues found during yum updates require rolling back to a previous release before retrying.
- B. Bundle patches applied using opatch auto cannot roll back only the database or the grid infrastructure home.
- C. Failed OS patches on database servers can be rolled back.
- D. Failed storage cell patches are rolled back to the previous release automatically.
- E. Database server OS updates can be rolled back using opatch auto -rollback.
- F. Dependency issues found during yum updates should be ignored using the force option.
* Oracle has shifted the strategy to patching the exadata in 220.127.116.11.0 onwards to using Yum as the method of patching.
* Database servers are patched using yum; there is a yum channel for each Exadata image version. Recently, this functionality replaced the “minimal pack.”
* In the README for each storage server patch, Oracle provides detailed rollback instructions that are to be followed in the event of a patch failure.
NEW QUESTION 14
Which two attributes describe key benefits of the InfiniBand network?
- A. All Exadata database servers have a direct path link to each Exadata Storage Server.
- B. Cell-to-cell communication uses Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS) over InfiniBand to achieve low latency.
- C. Expanding from two Full racks to four only requires adding an external InfiniBand switch to be at the top of the fat-tree topology.
- D. Each InfiniBand link provides 10 Gigabits of bandwidth.
- E. Oracle's interconnect protocol uses direct memory access (DMA) to eliminate buffer copies and reduce CPU use.
C: Oracle Exadata is architected to scale-out to any level of performance. To achieve higher performance and greater storage capacity, additional database servers and Exadata cells are added to the configuration – e.g., Half Rack to Full Rack upgrade. As more Exadata cells are added to the configuration, storage capacity and I/O performance increases near linearly.
E: Oracle's interconnect protocol uses direct data placement (DMA – direct memory access) to ensure very low CPU overhead by directly moving data from the wire to database buffers with no extra data copies being made. The InfiniBand network has the flexibility of a LAN network, with the efficiency of a SAN.
Not A: The architecture of the Exadata solution includes components on the database server and in the Exadata cell. The software architecture for a Quarter Rack configuration is shown below.
Not B: No cell-to-cell communication is ever done or required in an Exadata configuration. Not D: Each InfiniBand link provides 40 Gigabits of bandwidth –
NEW QUESTION 15
Which is a best practice for High Availability (HA) in an Exadata environment?
- A. Checksums performed on the Exadata Storage Server ensure logical consistency of block content.
- B. When a standby database is in place, DB_BLOCK_CHECKING is not required and thus not recommended.
- C. Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software HARD checks operate transparently after enabling DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM on a database.
- D. Due to the different architecture that Exadata has with storage servers, compared to regular Storage Area Network, DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT need not be set.
- E. Stretched RAC is the best alternative for Exadata that combines both HA and DR into one.
Exadata storage cells include Oracle Hardware Assisted Resilient Data (HARD) to provide a
unique level of validation for Oracle block data structures such as data block address, checksum.
and magic numbers prior to allowing a write to physical disks. HARD validation with Exadata is
automatic (setting DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM is required to enable checksum validation). The
HARD checks transparently handle all cases including Oracle ASM disk rebalance operations and disk failures.
Not A: The checksum is used to validate that a block is not physically corrupt, detecting corruptions caused by underlying disks, storage systems, or I/O systems. Checksums do not ensure logical consistency of the block contents.
Not B: MAA recommends that you set DB_BLOCK_CHECKING=MEDIUM or FULL on the physical standby as a minimum practice to prevent the standby from various logical block corruptions.
Not D: The recommendation is:
On the primary database: DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT=TYPICAL (default TYPICAL on Exadata) On the Data Guard Physical Standby Database: DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT=TYPICAL Not E: Protection from a broad range of, but not all disasters
While not a full disaster recovery (DR) solution, an Extended Distance
Oracle RAC or Oracle RAC One Node deployment will provide protection from a broad range of
disasters. For a full DR protection Oracle recommends deploying an Oracle RAC together with a local and a remote Oracle Data Guard setup as described in the Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA).
NEW QUESTION 16
Which table compression technique will not work on Exadata without licensing the Oracle Advanced Compression Option?
- A. COMPRESS
- B. COMPRESS BASIC
- C. COMPRESS FOR OLTP
- D. COMPRESS FOR QUERY
- E. COMPRESS FOR ARCHIVE
OLTP Table Compression is a part of the Oracle Advanced Compression option, which requires a license in addition to the Enterprise Edition.
NEW QUESTION 17
A customer has three databases named CC. FIN, and DW. The CC database is for their CallCenter. Even a slight decrease in the response time of the database would mean more people "on hold" in their data center. The orders received through the CallCenter are stored in the Finance (FIN) database. Both databases, CC and FIN, serve as sources for the Data Warehouse (DW) database. All databases use the same Automatic Storage Management (ASM) diskgroup and therefore, the same physical disks on Exadata storage. The customer wants to dynamically control the resources that are available for the CallCenter database because this has direct impact on their operations?
Which option should be implemented?
- A. DBRM on the CC database
- B. DBRM on all the databases
- C. IORM, because DBRM cannot be changed for an existing session
- D. IORM and DBRM
Using the Database Resource Manager, you can:
Distribute available processing resources by allocating percentages of CPU time to different users and applications. In a data warehouse, a higher percentage may be given to ROLAP (relational on-line analytical processing) applications than to batch jobs.
NEW QUESTION 18
Which three migration options are available when you migrate a database from the Big Endian format system to Exadata?
- A. Data Pump Export and Import
- B. transportable database
- C. transportable tablespaces
- D. Data Guard
- E. Insert as Select
Methods at a Glance:
* Data Guard Physical Standby
* Transportable Database (Note:732053.1)
* Transportable Tablespace (TTS)
NEW QUESTION 19
Which statement is true about the patching features provided in Platinum Services?
- A. Patching services are available for the full software stack up to twice per year.
- B. Patching support includes Exadata, Exalogic, and Database Appliance.
- C. Rolling window and complete down time approaches are two options to patching.
- D. Platinum covers Exadata storage software and firmware patching, but the customer must perform database patching.
* Patch Deployment: Oracle Platinum Services also includes patching services in which Oracle
applies patches to covered systems four times (not A) per year via the Oracle Advanced Support
Gateway. We work collaboratively with customers to assess, analyze, plan and deploy updates
and patches to mitigate risks and complications. Through this continuous improvement, customers can experience greater system performance, availability, and security.
* not B: Oracle Platinum Services provides enhanced support for high availability and performance to Oracle Premier Support customers
running certified configurations of Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, or Oracle SuperCluster—at no additional cost.
NEW QUESTION 20
Identify the relevant steps in the correct order for activating an Auto Service Request (ASR) configuration.
1. Add SNMP traps manually or using OneCommand.
2. Install ASR Manager.
3. Activate a node on ASR Manager.
4. Validate the configuration.
5. Register ASR Manager with Oracle.
- A. 2, 5, 1, 3, and 4
- B. 2, 4, I, 3, and 5
- C. 5, 2, 4, 1, and 3
- D. 5, 4, 2, 1, and 3
2.Install Oracle Auto Service Request (ASR) Packag 5.Register the ASR Manager
1.Add SNMP Trap Destinations for Multiple Servers Using the dcli Utility
3. Activate Node on the ASR Manager
NEW QUESTION 21
P.S. Certstest now are offering 100% pass ensure 1z0-485 dumps! All 1z0-485 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.certstest.com/dumps/1z0-485/ (71 New Questions)